‘The more the music press slagged us, the more copies we sold’: Kajagoogoo on Too Shy

‘The demo Nick Rhodes took to EMI was the same one they had rejected, but when it was presented again by a million-selling pop star they took notice’

I was in a pub in Brixton watching a trio on stage when the compere asked if anyone wanted to get up and sing. My mate nudged me. “Go on, you know you want to.” I sang Yesterday by the Beatles and the six-person audience gave me a standing ovation. All the way home I kept thinking, “I can sing.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/Uz9ytEp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two years after Buffalo mass shooting, an art exhibit focuses on the victims

£1 Thursdays review – nightclubbing, sex talk and big decisions

Eric Trump testifies ‘I don’t recall’ when asked about involvement in Trump Organization valuation - live