‘I’m doing the right thing’: Eddie Jones unmoved despite Australia defeats

Game against Wales has turned into a must-win clash with Jones ignoring his vociferous critics

At his best, Eddie Jones is a man in complete control. Of the narrative, of the direction of play on the field, of the hearts and minds of those who support him. But at Friday’s press conference for Sunday’s game against Wales, a game his Wallabies side now have to win after their shock loss against Fiji last weekend, Jones had the composure of a teenager on the verge of a meltdown.

“As I said, I think I am 100% doing the right thing for Australian rugby and I apologise for the results,” Jones said. “I can get down on my knees and do the Japanese thing if you want me to. I can’t apologise any more guys, I am really sorry we haven’t had better results. But what I know is what we are doing is right for Australian rugby.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/Xvn2dMO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tadej Pogacar completes emphatic debut victory at the Giro d’Italia

Two years after Buffalo mass shooting, an art exhibit focuses on the victims

£1 Thursdays review – nightclubbing, sex talk and big decisions